Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Spring Is In The Air

I feel like spring is definitely in the air. On Groundhog’s Day, Punxsutawney Phil prediction called for 6 more weeks of winter weather. I hope he was wrong. I am glad we do not have to depend on the annual prediction of a ground hog. The birds are getting so busy around here that it seems like we are almost in spring already. I love Spring.

The time since I last made an entry has been a busy time. I thought that after the first of the year, my schedule would be lighter. Not so! My calendar for 2008 already has a lot of entries. I am excited about the things on my schedule. I have 2, and possibly 3, porcelain portrait painting workshops scheduled. One painting I will do will be from the portrait of me in my student nurse uniform when I was a junior, about 20 years of age.

I have wanted to take classes or workshops in watercolors and acrylics. I especially want to learn to do watercolors. Helga Flower from Michigan will be here in April for a watercolor workshop and I am privileged to be scheduled as a participant.

Another event on my calendar is the 50 year reunion of my nursing graduating class. Most of the girls I have not seen since the day of our graduation. I married one year after graduation and have always lived in a different state.

The temperature yesterday was 68 F and today it got up to 74 F. Of course, that means that with a cold front moving in tonight, we have tornado warnings.

Easter comes early this year – March 23. I must get some porcelain Easter eggs painted. Here is a picture of the top view of one that I painted last year.


Here is a picture of the side view.

No comments: