Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthday

October 4 was my birthday. I am now 72 years old. Or should I say "young'? I had such a busy year with several workshops plus a little traveling so I say that I have been too busy to grow old or to busy to know that I am growing older. I have only one more workshop scheduled this year. That will be a watercolor workshop. The next workshop is not until next March which is a porcelain painting workshop.
I have not been to a movie in a long, long time. We moved here in 1984 and it was long before that the last time I went to see a movie. That is not to say that I don't watch movies. I watch quite a few of them on TV or DVD's. We went to see Fireproof. It is a really good movie. Chick flick? Yes, but it was the men I heard laughing. There are two more I am planning to see soon.
After taking many workshops, I now need to practice some of the things I learned before I forget the lessons. It is time to be working on Christmas ornaments also. I have not even started on them. Every year, I tell myself I need to start on them in January.
Here is a tiger eye that I painted on a 4X6 inch porcelain tile.

2 comments:

KarenW said...

That is really cool! Glad you got to see Fireproof.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Fireproof. That was a GREAT movie. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD and I can watch a hundred times. ;D Your tiger painting is SO beautiful. I just posted some pictures on my photo blog so go check them out when you have a chance. I love and miss you SO much.
God bless
Love,
Hannah