Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Today was the last day to have two of our granddaughters on a regular basis. They are 14 and 10. This summer we have worked on piecing a quilt and china painting. School starts tomorrow. The opening day of school comes earlier and earlier each year! They have had only 2 months for summer vacation and that has been too short. Fill that time with band camp, church camp, and a few other related things and the summer passes quickly.
Last month I was blessed to spend a week with my Mother. She is an incredible woman. She helped me can 14 quarts of green beans. Actually, I helped her can them for me because all I did was help break them up. Most of them were given to me by my older sister.
On the day of our arrival, she had just received a call from the buyer at Shaker Village requesting 43 dolls Fortunately, she had that many just about done. She just had to work on a few articles of clothes. (Check entry July 23 on my daughter's blog.) Those she cut out that day and the next day she sewed all day and got them done - after helping me break up the green beans and get them into the canner. The following day she packed the dolls and got them into the mail. Check the July 28 entry on my daughter's blog for a picture of her and her dolls that was made a few years ago.
On Sunday, she prepared a dinner after church for about 16 people. The following Sunday, she prepared dinner for 36 people.
My younger sister who lives in California came home on the 28th. I was able to spend one day with her before returning home.
This is a wall pocket painted like a Calla Lilly.

No comments: