Thursday, September 4, 2008

Catching Up

Maybe I should adopt a theme song. If I did, it could well be "On The Road Again". But I like better "There's No Place Like Home".
I have been away for painting workshops and for the IPAT (International Porcelain Artists and Teachers) show in Nashville, TN. I was able to take some workshops with some wonderful teachers both at the show and before and afterwards. There were some absolutely extraordinary works of art there.
We were blessed at the end of this 2+ weeks to visit my mother (here she is with our daughter, Karen) one night and the attend the reunion of my husband's family - brothers and sisters with children and grandchildren. It was a joy to be able to spend some precious time with them.
I will soon post pictures of the most recent things I have painted but I want to get a better picture of them to post than I currently have. In the meantime, here is a bowl on which I painted a calla lilly about a year ago.

No comments: